February 13, 2023
Geriatric Cardiology Webinar Series
Time: 4:30 PM – 5:30 PM
Location: Online via Zoom
A Panel Discussion with:
- Nanette K. Wenger, MD, MACC, Professor of Medicine, Division of Cardiology Consultant, Emory Heart and Vascular Center, Founding Consultant, Emory Women’s Heart Center, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA
- C. Noel Bairey Merz, MD, FACC, FAHA, FESC, Director, Barbra Streisand Women’s Heart Center, Director, Linda Joy Pollin Women’s Heart Health Program, Director, Erika J. Glazer Women’s Heart Research Initiative Director, Preventive Cardiac Center, Professor of Medicine, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA
- Dipti Itchhaporia, MD, MACC, FAHA, FESC, Immediate Past-President, American College of Cardiology; Eric & Sheila Samson Endowed Chair in Cardiovascular Health, Director of Disease Management Hoag Memorial Hospital Presbyterian, Newport Beach, CA, Clinical Professor, University of California, Irvine
- Maria Ansari, MD, FACC, Physician in Chief, Kaiser Permanente San Francisco Cardiologist, KP San Francisco Board Director, The Permanente Medical Group and the Mid-Atlantic Permanente Medical Group Assistant Clinical Professor, UCSF
Moderated by: Ashok Krishnaswami, MD, MAS, FACC, FESC
Overview of Discussion Topics:
- Recruitment of women and older adults in clinical trials
- Age and sex-based disparities in CV healthcare
- Is the way through a woman’s heart through her brain?
- Shared Decision Making
- Increasing interest in sex and age-based (chronological/physiological) research
- What can health systems do for optimizing CV care in older adults?
Copyright 2019. All Rights Reserved.